Have you participated in some part of Connected Educator Month? If not, you should. It’s a great opportunity for all types of educators (teachers, parents, future teachers, administrators, thought leaders) to participate in all of October events. You can be part of a tweet up, listen into a webinar, post in a discussion board or read a blog. All relate to education and how connecting like this models how we can connect to our students and ultimately, improve student engagement and achievement. Check out the CEM Calendar of Events. At least sign up to receive the CEM newsletter [right side of the page]. The Connected Educator Blog provides opportunities to connect with others such as this blogpost about how to start a blog. The other day, I joined in a Tweet Up that included Secretary for Education Arne Duncan.
The Blended Learning Strand for Connected Educator Month continues.
Next up will be the administrative perspective. Register to join the webinar here.
Ongoing activities include a discussion board at Linked In and the ongoing Twitter activity with the hashtag #blendedlearning.
Overall, lead, participate or contribute to the Connected Educator Month blended learning strand:
- Panel Discussion Webinar (Mondays – 7:00 EST / 4:00 PST) – Registration and Recordings below
- Discussion Board Weekly Conversations – Join here via Linked In (All week) – Contribute to the discussion
- Tweet Up as a follow up to the panel discussion – (#ce14 #blendedlearning) (Tuesday – 8-9pm EST / 4:00-5:00 PST) – Tweet Up Page here.
- Weekly blogpost – posted each week in response to the discussion topic. – Create your own blogpost and tag it #ce14 #blendedlearning
- Pinterest Board – See the list and add your own.