I am writing an article comparing the costs for an online school to a brick and mortar school. There are many articles (here and here) and reports (here and here) that discuss the costs for online learning, but I can’t find any that actually compare both.
I want to create a chart that shows cost items for brick and mortar schools in one column, cost items for online schools in the next column, and the cost items that are the same for both.
Can you help me out? What am I missing? (See my starting list below).
Cost Items for Brick and Mortar School Only
- Facilities (Buildings and maintenance)
Cost Items for Online School Only
- Space for offices and computer lab for students.
- Course Management System
- Course Content
- Computer and Internet access for teachers and students
- Communication device for teachers (e.g. cell phone)
- Technology Support (e.g. help desk, course updating, server maintenance)
Cost Items for Both Brick and Mortar School and Online School
- Student Support (counseling, library)
- Special Education Services
- Professional Development
- Student Information System
- State Testing System
- Courses and Course Outlines approved by Governing Board
- Access to Computers
- Evaluation of program