A group of us from the California School Library Association have spent the past four months refining the 23 Things activities originated by Helene Blowers of the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg in North Carolina, for the school library crowd. Thanks to Jackie Siminitus and lead by Connie Williams, our new CSLA president-elect, we are going live! We are excited to roll this out primarily for California school library personnel. However, we are welcoming friends and lurkers from anywhere in the world!
Join us for School Library Learning 2.0 – it will be a summer to remember!
You are welcome to participate in many ways:
- Join us and learn with us! We “officially” begin on June 1.
- Look at what we’ve done and re-do it to make it your own for your school library group or organization
- Add to our “curriculum connection” ideas on our wiki
What we’ve learned from others…and are implementing with this management iteration:
- We have a set of “virtual cheerleaders” (2.0 leaders) who will each have a group of about 30 participants to follow, post on their blogs, email and cheer on to encourage them to complete all 23 Things.
- We have used our CSLA online registration system to have people register so we have a list of names and email addresses.
- We are using bloglines to keep track of our groups and will divide the group up according to our main 2.0 blog leader.
- For the things we thought were important but didn’t exactly fit with the 23 Things experience, we created the curriculum connections wiki.
- We will be using Moodle a bit for participants who are purchasing continuing education credit.
- We are offering up to 2 units of continuing education credit for participants through Fresno Pacific University.
For us in California, it will be a summer to remember! We hope you’ll join us, too!!