I was going to have 30 minutes today with the School Board Technology Subcommittee to discuss the ideas of Web 2.0. However, the meeting has been postponed. So, now, if you read this, what do you think? Any other ideas?
I wanted to make sure they knew what Web 2.0 was, learn about some of the applications, and understand the importance of educating all students and teachers about the positive uses of the Internet. Here is my outline (also on my wiki):
- Quick Internet Quiz
- Handout: What is Web 2.0?
3. My Web 2.0 Journey
- · Alta Sierra Library Media Teacher – “Internet Safety” (Ppt and Quiz)
- · Alta Sierra Library Media Teacher – Laptop Program (Website) (Blog Posting)
- · NECC Conference and Podcasting for School Lessons
- — “ipodagogy” workshop from Edinburgh, Scotland: http://www.grec.org.uk/
- · Viewing “Introducing the Book” on You Tube and viewing YouTube
- · Bought an ipod: Play part of Podcast – #81 – David Warlick
- · Blog “Thinking Stick” Jeff Utecht. American School in Shanghai, China. (blog1) (blog2)
- · Student Blogs at American School in Shanghai, China
- · Started a blog.
4. Thoughts: The key is to educate our students on the best uses of the Web:
· There should be some type of training on a yearly basis about the Internet and Web for all students in Clovis Unified.
· There should be some type of training on a yearly basis for all teachers in Clovis.
· There should be some type of blogging, posting guidelines for district.